“This is a free country,” goes the popular protest.
Do you honestly believe we are at least as free as when you were growing up? Bull. Government at all levels takes more liberties with our liberties than they should, and everyone knows it. I believe it has gotten to the point where we cannot call ourselves a free country and remain honest with ourselves, our neighbors, or God. This post, which will be a regular Friday feature, will chronicle that honesty. There will be two sections, one chronicling the long train of abuses and usurpations (No Longer Free) and the other listing the throwing off of such Government and the provision of new Guards for said liberties (Fighting Back).
These are the stories that inform and inspire my take on Liberty Fiction. Keep an eye on this series and you might just see some familiar trends in my future writing.
No Longer Free
- Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property
- NYPD Denies Freedom of Information Request for Freedom of Information Handbook
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Appeal in Second Amendment Case, Refuses to Prohibit Police from Using Lawful Gun Ownership as a Trigger for ‘No-Knock’ Police Raids
- Court: ATF, what’s this about you harassing a citizen’s business?
ATF: Uh, nothing, but they won’t give us their customer list.
Court: Leave them alone, don’t bother them.
ATF: Meh, whatevs.
- [Supreme Court] Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings. I know one of the lawyers (James Gottry) quoted in the piece from high school. It is immoral to compel someone to do something against their conscience. Briefs here.
- Snowden to SXSW: Here’s How To Keep The NSA Out Of Your Stuff
- Gun rights group hosts rally, seminar: “We are demonstrating to New York state that we will not be registering our firearms with the state,” one protester said, tending the fire. “We refuse to register.”
Desire Liberty. Seek Freedom. Make Independence.