No Longer Free
- Feds can hide rationale for killing U.S. citizen, judge rules. Not that it boils down to anything other than “because we said so”.
- Beer prices could go up under FDA rule that angers farmers, brewers. Bastards.
- IRS to investment funds re: attorney-client privilege: sit on this and spin (PDF). “When a person puts into issue his subjective intent in deciding how to comply with the law, he may forfeit the privilege afforded attorney-client communications.” So subjective understanding of the literally millions of words of tax law, as applied to attorney-client discussions, are no longer privileged information. Check.
- Police Chief: Not Wanting To Talk To Police Officers Is ‘Odd’: Repeat after me: ‘Am I being detained, or am I free to go?’
- Ex-sheriff’s deputies charged with planting evidence at pot dispensary: The thing in Dragonslayers where Cavanaugh plants drug evidence? Totally made up, I swear.
- Gun Carry Rights Expanded in Ga. Under New Law: this was the most accurate headline for this story I could find. A better one would be ‘Right to self-defense less limited under new Ga. law’.
- Out in the Open: Inside the Operating System Edward Snowden Used to Evade the NSA: Get the tools you need to protect yourself and your data, but don’t trust them, even if they’re audited and turn up clean.
Desire Liberty. Seek Freedom. Make Independence.