No Longer Free
- Navy database tracks civilians’ parking tickets, fender-benders, raising fears of domestic spying. Because Posse Comitatus.
- False positive drug tests, ambiguous assertions of illegal intent for purchased goods, withheld exculpatory evidence, no search warrant surrendered until after the search is complete – all in a day’s work for Leawood, KS SWAT teams.
- Kid: I want to support my friend who’s going through chemo. School board: Not so fast, kid.
- Where’s the A-Team when you need them? This kid needs to be un-kidnapped. Massachusetts awarded “permanent” custody of Justina Pelletier. Don’t forget to sign the petition, for whatever good it will do.
- This one warms my heart. You may remember the case a few months ago where a minor was assaulted here in Charlottesville by “law” enforcement when she was departing a local grocery store with a pack of sparkling water on suspicion of underage purchase of alcohol. Well, oops: UVa Student Seeks $40M in Lawsuit against Virginia, ABC. Malicious prosecution, False arrest, six counts of Assault and battery, etc. etc. Me, I would have settled for $1 million from each of the assaulting officers, as long as they were personally liable for the sum, exemplum aliorum and all that.
Desire Liberty. Seek Freedom. Make Independence.