The only God to self-evacuate his own grave
- But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.
- And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
- but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
- While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing;
- and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?
- “He is not here, but He has risen Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,
- saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.”
- And they remembered His words,
- and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.
- Now they were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James; also the other women with them were telling these things to the apostles.
- But these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them.
- But Peter got up and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings only; and he went away to his home, marveling at what had happened.