Bill Clinton Wants No More Clintons in Government
Well, how else are we supposed to interpret this quote, found at this link: “[referring to his wife] … and one of us in politics is probably more than enough.”
It was an off-handed comment, meant in jest, sure. But I’m going to take it seriously. It is truly a good thing when Bill Clinton himself advocates a position the Republican majority has held since 1992.
A Local Environmentalist Insanity
Killing Sabino Canyon Mountain Lions Wrong Solution, Some Say
Here’s the deal: there are some mountain lions in a local canyon that have shown less fear of humans than they should (i.e. they growl and snarl and threaten human life). The 4 lions are being hunted down and killed so that they pose no more threat to humans.
- Remember: 5 out of 5 wild bears prefer the taste of unarmed vegetarians.
- Sabino Canyon visitors and environmental groups say the decision is too harsh, too soon. Well, consider the options. The AZGFD can do nothing and get sued when someone gets injured (or worse, killed), they can move them and get sued when someone gets injured or killed elsewhere (because they caused an unsafe situation), or they can offend the environmentalists but spare them the pain and suffering of torn arteries. Hmmm, seems like a no-brainer to me.
- “I think if you use the main trail where it’s paved, there’s no danger, so I think it’d be a sad thing,” says Sabino Canyon visitor Shelly Drago. Of course, it would be more sad if someone was jumped on said paved trail by a cat that had no fear of humans, but lets not bring up the ugly truth of the matter, it gets in the way of our feelings. Besides, who uses only the paved trails anyway? Isn’t the purpose of going into the wild to get away from the paving in the first place?
- I would be glad to volunteer for the hunt. The house I am eventually going to buy needs a nice lion rug anyway.
About Where I Live
A short history of the land where I live and how it came into the United States.
A few points of commentary:
- Gadsonia? Hell no, and thank God!
- Thirty-three cents an acre? Then why are my property taxes so high?
- “Conscience money” is an interesting term.
- It is interesting to consider that if this event hadn’t occurred, the land I would be living in would be in Mexico.